Skip to main content

African Americans Are The Largest Group Affected By HIV/AIDS in the U.S.

Recently a statistic was released stating that Atlanta Ga now has the highest incidence of HIV in the United States.  

This picture taking from Instagram, has been floating all over social media.

1 in 51 people living in Georgia are expected to have HIV in their lifetime.  According to some these statistics are on the same level as African Countries.

Dr. Anthony Faucia from the National Institute of Health, has been making medical strides against HIV/AIDS for the last 30 years. Recently he held a conference with statistical slides unveiling information that African Americans are most affected by HIV/AIDS in The United States.

According to Dr Faucia when AIDS first came out patients died within 1-2 years.  Now with medication patients can live an additional 50 years.  

With the antiretroviral medications available in this country there is noway people should continue dying of AIDS.

There is a realistic possibility to vanish HIV/AIDS by 2030 according to Patrick Eba from The Human Rights and Law Division of UNAIDS .

In my humble opinion in order to stay on track with vanishing HIV/AIDS by 2030 the following needs to happen:

  • Stop Criminalizing HIV/AIDS
  • Get Resources for Meds to African Countries
  • Get The Word Out about The HIV Preventative Med
  • Continue Monitoring the Research of The Aids Vaccine
  • Donate to Organizations Fighting HIV/AIDS in Africa
  • Know Your Status & Get Treatment if Needed
  • Share HIV/AIDS Awareness-Don't Become Complacent!
 These numbers are alarming in the African American community. They most certainly need to be addressed and awareness needs to be brought to the inner cities of America, however
 please don't forget about Africa.

Today over 70% of HIV cases are still in Sub Saharan Africa &
91% of children living with HIV/AIDS live in Africa

(RED) is an organization created by Bono (a music artist) who is partnered with Bill Gates and other noteworthy businesses. 100% of donations go to work on the ground.  (Red) has also partnered with some retailers who offer Product Red and a portion of those profits will be donated by the seller to (RED) for the HIV/AIDS cause.  There are some awesome products which range from lip balm to Dre Beats.

Please visit today!


  1. Wow. Great Insight and we must do all in our power to stop this disease.
    Well done.
    Proud of you girl��


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Eating Chocolate Made By Slaves?

Recently I stumbled upon the documentary "The Dark Side of Chocolate" by Miki Mistrati and U. Roberto Romano.(Click the link for the full documentary)

This documentary vividly brought the hidden secrets of the production of chocolate to light.
Facts Did you know that 70% of the worlds coco beans come from Africa?  (The other 30% comes from Latin America)95% of chocolate companies use coco beans that were produced by slave trade, child trafficking or child labor (which is sometimes forced)From 2008-2009 150 children were rescued from coco farms by InterpolEmpty Promises from Hershey, Nestle, M&M/Mars and Others
In 2001 eight of the world's biggest chocolate manufacturer's signed The Harkin Engel Protocol.  This was an agreement between Nestle Chocolate & Confections, M&M/Mars Inc, Hershey Food Corporation, Worlds Finest Chocolate, Guittard Chocolate Company, Archer Daniels Midland co (ADM), Blommer Chocolate Co. and Barry Callebaut.  The agreement stated that …

A Lesson in Consistency From The MAC Counter

I had the pleasure of receiving a “natural look” makeover at the MAC counter.  It was on a weekend and it was crazy busy.  I watched the makeup artist/manager “Stacy” handle it all with finesse.  You could tell she had a real passion for her job.  Being a lover of all things art, caused me to ask her, “How did you get into this line of work?”

Interesting enough Stacy had a degree in science and had previously worked as an engineer.  She began doing makeup (mostly for weddings) on the side.  She would often visit MAC for her make up artistry inventory.  Eventually, she was at the store nearly every day just hanging out and helping.  Finally, the staff said, “Hey you should work here.”  So she began working part time.  Her consistency in her passion shined through and led MAC to offer her a job as a manager.  Now she has traded in her science beaker for makeup brushes and brings joy to every lady that has the pleasure of sitting at her makeup counter.
Let that be a lesson in passion a…